Office Hours: Mon, Tue, Wed, Fri 9:00-4:30
Thursday 8:30- 5:30
Historically, the Town Clerk's office has been the direct link between residents and their local government. Many people contact the Town Clerk's Office for information, and where it may be obtained. Some of the most commonly asked questions include:
*Problems with trash/recycling pickup
*New residents who are in need of information
* HVCC students needing Certificates of Residency
*Residents wanting to know how and where to obtain various types of licenses,
permits, and certificates.
* Questions regarding water/sewer bills
*Persons seeking a notary
- License Issuing Officer: Come see us if you need a marriage license, conservation license, handicap parking permit, burial permit, death certificate, birth certificate, or dog license, .
- Registrar of Vital Records: The Town Clerk is the appointed keeper of all birth, marriage, and death records.
- Recording Secretary: The Town Clerk authors the Minute books, which are the only official records of the activities of the Town Government Meetings. The resulting volumes are retained permanently for legal and historic purposes.
- Filing Officer: The Town Clerk maintains records of all adopted laws and ordinances, Minutes, town oaths of office, resignations, petitions, proof of publications, annual budgets, assessment rolls, fiscal reports, zoning ordinances, and maps.
- Election Coordinator: In accordance with Federal and State regulations, the Town Clerk becomes the Coordinator for Primary and General Elections, overseeing polling places, election equipment, and serves as a source of Voter registration forms and absentee ballot applications.
- Records Management Officer: The Town Clerk is the custodian of all Town records, and is responsible for the storage and disposition of inactive records. She is the Administrator of the Freedom of Information Law, which guarantees your right to know the workings of government.
- Cash Control Officer: The Town Clerk is responsible for numerous duties relating to billing and collection and disbursement of funds. Incoming cash is recorded and disbursed to the State, County, and Local fiscal Officers.
- Water and Sewer billing Department: All town residents receiving water/sewer services from the Town are billed for their usage through the Town Clerk's Office.
- Marriage Officer: The Town Clerk, if appointed by the Town Board, may perform marriages within the Town.
- Clean Up Day Coordinator: Town Clean Up Days are coordinated and supervised by the Town Clerk. Clean Up Days are the second Saturday of each month, April - November at the Highway Garage, 8 AM - Noon.
- Street Light Outages: Any street light outages should be reported to the Town Clerk to be reported for repair.
Janet Salisbury ()
Phone: 518-753-6915 x 101